Born 11th August 1932 in England but is a Singapore citizen and has lived in Singapore since 1956. Travels widely on Arts Projects. Studied fine arts at Reading University, Hammersmith School of Arts & Crafts (1949 – 1952), and drawing under Professor Bryan Kneale (formerly Professor of Sculpture and Professor of Drawing with Royal College of Art, London).
Twice elected as Honorary President of the Modern Art Society of Singapore and was a board member of the Singapore Tyler Print Institute at its inception. Has exhibited in Asia, Australia, USA and Britain. Ramsey is a full time artist who when not travelling is usually working at his studio in Bukit Pasoh Road in Singapore.
- 8th Asian International Exhibition, Fukuoka City Art Museum and Tagawa City Art Museum, Japan – September 1993.
- Singapore Contemporary Art Exhibition, Gallery of Leal Senado, Macau – July 1994
- 9th Asian International Art Exhibition, Taiwan History Museum Art Gallery, Taiwan – September 1994
- Figure Painting Exhibition ’95, Gallery 21 Riverwalk Galleria, Singapore – July 1995
- 10th Asian International Art Exhibition, National Museum Art Gallery, Singapore – August 1995.
- Tresors 1996 – The International Fine Art & Antiques Fair for Asia, Wetterling Teo Gallery.
- Group Exhibition of Local Modern Art at the Soobin Art Gallery, Singapore – 17th to 31st August 1996
- “9 Artists in Bali” Exhibition at the Fort Canning Gallery, Fort Canning Park, Singapore – 20th to 25th September 1996.
- 11th Asian International Art Exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Manila, Philippines – 7th to 11th November 1996.
- Taipei Art Fair, Wetterling Teo Gallery, Taiwan, R.O.C. – 20th to 24th November 1996.
- Still Life and Interior Exhibition of Paintings, Drawings and Prints at the Redfern Gallery, Cork Street, London – 6th January to 13th February 1997.
- Tresors 1997 – The International Fine Art & Antiques Fair for Asia, Wetterling Teo Gallery.
- “Art Power” – The Substation Fundraising Exhibition at Caldwell House in Chijmes, Singapore – 18th to 29th June 1997
- 1997 President’s Charity Art Exhibition – Dr Earl Lu Gallery at LaSalle-SIA College of the Arts, Singapore – 3rd to 12th October 1997.
- 12th Asian International Art Exhibition in Macau – 15th to 24th October 1997
- 12th Annual Exhibition of the Asian Watercolour Confederation, Asian Watercolours 1997, Singapore – 24th to 30th October 1997.
- Group Exhibition at Redfern Gallery in London – 11th August to 10th September 1998.
- Preview of the Australian Contemporary Art Fair at Annandale Galleries in Sydney – 29th August to 19th September 1998.
- Australian Contemporary Art Fair in Melbourne – 1st to 4th October 1998.
- “Top End Of Down Under” Exhibition, Art Forum Gallery, Singapore – 3rd to 12th December 1998.
- “Wild Places” – Australia Day Exhibition, Australian High Commission, Singapore – 25th January to 11th February 1999.
- 14th Asian International Art Exhibition in Fukuoka – 17th to 29th June 1999.
- Singapore Watercolour Society 30th Anniversary Exhibition, Singapore – 17th to 22nd September 1999.
- “Different Eyes, Different Views”, Modern Art Society of Singapore Annual Exhibition at Artfolio Gallery, Raffles Hotel, Singapore – 1st to 25th June 2000.
- 15th Asian International Art Exhibition in Tainan, Taiwan – 8th October to 5th November 2000.
- Art Power 2000 Exhibition in Singapore – 17th to 23rd November 2000.
- Asian Contemporary Art Exhibition, University of Brighton Art Gallery, U.K. – 1st to 30th May 2001
- Singapore Watercolour Society Annual Exhibition - 3rd to 8th November 2001
- Nokia Singapore Art 2001 Exhibition, Singapore - 8th December 2001 to 3rd February 2002
- Art Palm Beach International Modern & Contemporary Art Fair, January 2002
- Asian Art 2000 Exhibition – ‘Vision of Change’ at Salford Museum & Art Gallery, Manchester, UK February – April 2002
- Naked Perfection Exhibition at Singapore Art Museum - 12th September to 10th November 2002
- Arts Singapore 2002, Suntec City, Singapore – October 2002
- Negotiating Boundaries - Modern Art Society of Singapore Annual Exhibition - 15th to 26th October 2003
- Mapping Asia - 18th Asian International Art Exhibition,Hong Kong Museum, Hong Kong - 10th December 2003 to 8th March 2004
- Mapping Asia - Exhibition of the works by Artists from 18th Asian International Art Exhibition at The Art Gallery at National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 3rd -29th July 2004.
- The Art of Collaboration, Masterpieces of Modern Tapestry, Singapore Tyler Print Institute – 01st June to 2nd July 2005.
- The Contemporary Asian Art Exhibition, Suntec Singapore – 29th September to 3rd October 2005
- 21st Asian International Art Exhibition, Singapore Art Museum – 19th July to 13th August 2006
- The Contemporary Asian Art Exhibition, Suntec Singapore – 28th September to 2nd October 2006
- 22nd Asian International Art Exhibition, Imagining Asia, Selasar Sunaryo Art Space,Bandung, Indonesia – 23rd November to 23rd December 2007
- Publication of Book “THE ART OF JEREMY RAMSEY by JOHN RUSSELL TAYLOR – ART CRITIC OF THE TIMES OF LONDON with 355 Coloured illustrations of Ramsey’s work – November 2007.
- Exhibition Singapore Art Museum ‘Big Pictures’ – 14th September 2007 to 23rd March 2008.
- Liquid Passion –Modern Art Society Annual Show , The ARTrium Mica Building Singapore – 21st to 30th March 2008.
- Awarded Residency and Participated in The Cill Rialaig Project Ballinskelligs Co. Kerry Eire - August / September 2008.
- 23rd Asian International Art Exhibition, Asia in Harmony, The University City Art Museum of Guangzhou Academy of Fine Art 3rd December 2008 to 10th March 2009.
- Heart to Heart Asian International Art Show Yuge Art Gallery Guangzhou China 04th December 2008 to 12th December 2008.
Remade, Relived: Modern Art in Singapore, Nafa Gallery 8th to 21st Sept. 2009.
SINGAPORE Exploring The Boundary. Large Paintings By 12 Artists From Singapore and Malaysia, 140 Hill Street MICA Building, Singapore. 23rd Oct. – 2nd Nov. 2009.
MALAYSIA SGM Culture Centre Kuala Lumpur. 22nd to 29th November 2009.
- "Colours" Solo Exhibition, Empress Place Museum Art Gallery, Singapore – 21st to 30th October 1994
- "Colours East" Solo Exhibition, The Gallery, 28 Cork Street, London – 9th to 28th September 1996
- Wetterling Teo Gallery, Singapore – 11th April to 11th May 1997.
- "Trees Talking" Solo Exhibition, Caldwell House, Chijmes, Singapore – 18th November to 8th December 1999.
- "Recent Works" Exhibition with Patrick Procktor at the Redfern Gallery, Cork Street, London – 16th October to 16th November 2000
- "Uncut Edges" Solo Exhibition, Wetterling Teo Gallery, Singapore - 15th November to 15th December 2001
- "Painting It Like It Feels" Solo Exhibition, The Redfern Gallery, Cork Street, London - 9th September to 18th October 2003
- Exhibition Redfern Gallery ‘ Recent Paintings’ – 27th November to 17th December 2007.
- Khorma: Hues of the Subconscious Mind tcc "The Gallery" 51 Circular Road Singapore 6th July to 30th September 2010